Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Photo Blog! (April 4th, 2009)

The last time I visited the zoo on April 4th, 2009. It has been hot lately here in LA, so I haven't had the chance to visit the zoo. So here are some of the photos I took:

Red-knobbed Hornbill at the Los Angeles Zoo
This was the first time I got to take a photo of the male Red-knobbed Hornbill.

Lady Ross's Turaco at the Los Angeles Zoo
A pair of Lady Ross's Turacos were in the former Congo Peafowl exhibit.

Snowy Egret at the Los Angeles Zoo
This is a Snowy Egret which recently moved to the former coyote exhibit along with the rest of the marsh birds.

Sacred Ibis at the Los Angeles Zoo
This Sacred Ibis and a Roseate Spoonbill moved in with the marsh birds in their new exhibit.

Roseate Spoonbill at the Los Angeles Zoo
Roseate Spoonbill

Scarlet Ibis at the Los Angeles Zoo
Scarlet Ibis

American White Ibis at the Los Angeles Zoo
American White Ibis

Red-tailed Hawk at the Los Angeles Zoo
The Red-tailed Hawk kept looking at a wild hawk which was just above his aviary.

Channel Island Fox at the Los Angeles Zoo
I finally took a good photo of the Channel Island Fox, but he was sleeping.


North American River Otter at the Los Angeles Zoo
The North American River Otter was getting ready to sleep. The second otter was already under the blankets.

Chinese Alligator at the Los Angeles Zoo
Chinese Alligator

Well, hopefully you guys enjoy! Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am happy to have found your blog. I found it through San Diego (CA) USA Photo. Thank you for answering my question and identifying the Clouded Leopard for me. Much appreciated. This is a great series of the most beautiful animals. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to coming back.

    ReplyDelete